DESIGNER OF NEW CREATIVE TOOLS
I'm Maria Badji, sound engineer, music producer and designer of new creative tools. Below you will find a list with everything that has nourished me with knowledge and experience, and the skills that I have been acquiring over the time.
Let's get started!
MA Sound in New Media
AALTO UNIVERSITY, FINLAND
Master on Sound and New Technologies, where the research and design of new creative forms and artistic performance in the sound and audiovisual field is encouraged.
BA Music Production
TAMPERE UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES, FINLAND
University degree in Music Production with specialization in:
- Live Event Technology, Production & Management
- Music Production, Mixing & Mastering
- Cultural Export & Music Business
- Moving Image & Visuals
- Experimental Media Techniques
Top 20 - Future Hitmakers Finland
Songwriting camp by Teosto and Music Finland.
EMMA GAALA, FINLAND
Educational project organized by EMMA GAALA (Finnish music industry awards) where young people are selected to participate in workshops and conferences about the music industry and artistic events.
FLOW FESTIVAL & CITY OF HELSINKI, FINLAND
Educational project organized by FLOW FESTIVAL and City of Helsinki where young people are selected to organize and manage a music festival.
Self-produced musical project where electronic music, pop, punk and field recordings merge to make you dance, but also to make you think.
2019 - 2023
More info at:
Design and creation of new interactive tools, to facilitate and make the digital creative process more accessible and interactive.
More info at:
Management and production of cultural events
Work experience in multiple events, assuming responsibilities in planning and programming, logistics, sponsorships, reservations, promotion and/or sales.
Notable events where I have worked:
- WOMEX 2019 (Worldwide Music Expo), Tampere
- YOUX Festival 2022, Helsinki
- International Week TAMK 2019, Tampere
- Tampere Chamber Music Festival 2020, Tampere
- ÄäniAalto Festival 2023, Helsinki
- Self Hack 2021, Tampere
- Mans-e-rama 2019/2020, Tampere
Sound engineer for musical and cultural events in both closed and open spaces, with experience in unconventional and experimental sound spaces. Knowledge of "multi-channel" and "surround sound" techniques, and use of both sound and visual immersive techniques.
2019 - 2020
Sound Engineering - Pirkanmaan Kaarikoirat RY
Sound engineer (internship) at the self-managed cultural space Pirkanmaan Kaarikoirat RY, where concerts, events, workshops and activities are organized around the urban artistic world and skateboarding.
2019 - 2023
University delegate at music industry events
Delegate of Tampere University and Aalto University at different festivals and conferences of the music industry and sound art:
- XpoNorth 2018, Scotland
- Explore the North 2018, Leeuwarden
- Music and Media 2019, Tampere
- Tallin Music Week 2019, Tallin
- Music and Media 2020, Tampere
- Sónar +D and Sónar Festival 2023, Barcelona
2018 - 2023
Music Production & Sound Design
Music production and mixing for personal projects, and for projects of other artists and entities. Production of multiple genres and styles, knowledge and experience in recording studio, and use of new devices to expand creativity.
Sound portfolio at:
Safer Space Host
Safer Space Host at U-Haul Club, where my role is to make the party a safe and comfortable space for everyone, moderating conflict situations, providing assistance in problematic situations, etc.
(Protocol guidance provided by the Ministry of Justice of Finland.)
Sound: Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, ProTools, Pure Data
Image: Resolume Arena, Final Cut Pro, Adobe
Sound: Digital and analog mixing desk, audio equipment for live and studio.
Image: Equipment for multiple screen projections and mapping.
Electronics: Creation, repair and design of basic electronic circuits.
3D MODELING: Creation and printing of 3D models and parts with Fusion 360.
Programming: Basic knowledge of Arduino (similar to C++), and Scala.
- Ability to work in a team, based on respect and cooperation.
- Love for constant learning and new ways of doing things.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations to find the best solutions, and not destabilize the team.
- Experience in small and large scale organization methods, and social skills based on respect and inclusion.
- Interest towards new heads of knowledge, culture and traditions.
((358) 40 153 97 64
00250 Helsinki, Finland
08304 Mataró (Barcelona), Spain